|Chipmaster Operations – T1Press and hold SET for ~ 6 seconds, display will read “modE” (mode of operation) use arrows to select “T1”
(Automatic Timer mode) press and hold SET to return to the operator display.Mode T1
1. Place work into board holder securely
2. Press SET Key once to see “profile” Select proper profile for work and press SET again, timer will be displayed,
3. Press and hold SET for 2 seconds to see SV (1,2,3,4) which is the temperature setting, set for ~250 C
4. Press up and down arrow at the sane time to reset timer to zero.
5. Set the nozzle height to 1/8″ to 1/4″ above the IC to be repaired.
6. Turn on Vacuum, depress vacuum pickup until it contacts and holds the component.
7. Press and hold the foot pedal for two seconds, then release. The heating will begin, and a time
8. When the component lifts, press the foot pedal again for 2 seconds. The machine will begin to cool,
9. After a period of cooling, move the work out from under the nozzle, and remove the component lifted by
10. For BGA: Remove all solder from pads using a soldering iron and solder wick, or solder braid, then clean well.
11. Add a small amount of paste flux to the pad area, being sure that some flux is on all the pads. Use the
12. Place the component on the board, being very careful in the alignment to the pads.
13. Move the work beneath the nozzle, and center it.
14. Press and hold the foot pedal for 2 seconds and release, the temperature will go upon the display,
15. When the timer reaches zero, the machine will automatically begin dool down. Allow work to cool.
16. Move work from beneath nozzle
17. Use flux remover to clean the area of the repair,
*** If at any time you wish to cancel the operation, press the <RS key and hold for two seconds, this